Monday, January 7, 2008

Lots of catching up

I have not posted in quite some time so here goes!

It would take a lot of time to get these pictures in chronological order, so........they won't be!

Z, D and J wearing their Clemson PJ bottoms their Great Great Aunt Clarcie made them while playing with chicken dance Elmo (a Christmas gift from Tony and Tina). They love that toy! I'll have to get Jill dancing on video and post it.

I turned 35! on January 5th. My friend Kara and I went out for pedicures, lunch and shopping. I received flowers (tulips x2) from my parents and from my friend Amanda. Kara babysat that night for us while Rick and I went to dinner. We all (Kate, Rick and Kara) shared a piece of cheese cake when we got home. Actually, I don't think Rick had any...his loss!

Hurricane Drew strikes again!

Christmas morning (actually we didn't do Christmas at our house till the Sunday after.)

Chrsitmas portrait 2007 at my parents house.

Dad getting the kids lined up and riled up! The "extra one" is Nicki's daughter Emma (the one with hair :)

D, J and Z wearing their Christmas outfits made by the famous Aunt Clarcie!

D, J, Z with their cousins Emily, Will and Jenny. Two handsome Loftis boys are missing from the photo.
********************************************************************
Some recent pictures of "The Crew"

Jill Bug smirking

Drew's cute grin

Zack's handsome mug

Our cat Splotch. We just had to put her to sleep at 13 1/2 years old. Her kidneys were failing and she was losing tons of weight. She was a WONDERFUL cat and it will be very hard to find another like her. She had the cutest face and meow.

Jill is wearing a dress my Great Aunt Aggie and Clarcie made for ME when I was little. She wore it to visit with Santa. Check out the lamb slippers. She loves her lamb slippers :)

This is how I am greeted (mobbed) every morning when I come downstairs (Dad gets them up and feeds them breakfast). Am I lucky or what?!

The trio's first piano concert. We were at Mama's house "playing" on her baby grand piano. I remember always being shooed away from the piano when we were younger, but maybe things are different for great grandchildren.....either that or Mama was suffering in silence.

On Sundays, Dad makes them chocolate chip pancakes. They LOVE them (they get their love of chocolate chip pancakes from me, of course-I love mine with peanut butter as my syrup).

A video of the chocolate chip pancake festivities.

And finally, our Christmas picture with Santa. They loved him!

1 comment:

Martha McLure said...

Kate, aren't you glad I pestered you until you started a blog. To be able to have these memories preserved in this way is priceless, and I love being able to come here and see the kids in action. Mom