Sunday, August 31, 2008

We're TWO!

Drew, Jill and Zack turned 2 on August 8th........and they have the attitudes to prove it! How can they possibly be 2 already? Time truly does go by way too fast.
We sang happy birthday to each of them and had them each "blow" out the candle on their cake.
Gran Marf and I made their cakes. Two chocolate cakes with cream cheese icing and one pound cake with chocolate icing. YUM!
Opening gifts.....
Jill with her cow and ha-rah (this is what she calls a horse) from the dollar bins at Target.
Happy Zack. He is the smiling-est kid I've ever met.
Drew and his sweet, cheesy grin. You just want to squeeze him.
Drew with his alligator blanket. A birthday gift from the Loftis family (Aunt Meg).

Drew and his tools. He was obsessed with his tools (especially the drill) the first few days.

Drew and his Gran Marf. He is wearing his birthday boy shirt Gran Marf made him. Gran Marf and Cousin Jenny came up to spend a few days to celebrate DJZ's birthday.

Gran Marf made Jill a dress while she was visiting. She is so talented!

Jill was not a very cooperative model. She was more concerned about watching her moo-vie!
And no one gets between Jill and her moo-vie! Really, she is a very sweet girl.......seriously.

See what an angel she is......


*********************************************************

The night of their birthday Rick's work was having their summer company picnic. I thought that was awfully nice of them to throw a party for DJZ. It was at the Court South outdoor pool. Our kids have no fear of the water.


Rick, Jill and Drew

Zack taking it easy.

**********************************************************


Nana and Eugene came up late Friday night to help us celebrate their 2nd birthday. We rented a pontoon and went out on Norris Lake on Saturday. It's a long drive to get there, but the water is clear and a blue green color with hardly any other boats, so it's worth the drive. It was DJZ's first boat trip. They did pretty well over all.

Zack, Jill and Drew having a snack when we first arrived.

The boys.

Nana and the boys.

Jill chillin' on the beach ball.


The Crew floating.

Sweet Drew

Sweet Zack

Drew-b-dew. He reminds me of a turtle stuck on its back in this picture. He pretty much was..... stuck like a turtle.

Our FIRST fish!

Let me hold it!!

***************************************************************

I took the kids to their first childcare experience at First Baptist Concord. They'd never been dropped off anywhere for childcare, but you would of thought they had.

See ya Mom. These toys are ALL we need!
Ooooo CARS!

Lots of ha-rah's and cows! I'm set!

I actually went back and peeked in the window after about 20 minutes had passed and saw Zack being picked up by an elderly lady and carried to a rocking chair. I think they were both in love!

************************************************************

Drew watching a moo-vie.

Naked boys. I really do dress my children every now and then......

We finally used our picnic table as a picnic table and had lunch outside. Naked of course.

The shirts Nana gave the trio for their birthday. The numbers represent their birth order.

Mohawks are us!

Jill
Zack
Drew
Rick and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary on August 21st! We went out to dinner and then to Target to celebrate! Just getting out without kids is fun for us! Yes, Jill's finger is up her nose.
***************************************


Papa Rick came up for a visit again. He has a new job so we won't have any more mid-week visits. We love it when he visits. He is a huge kid entertainer and helper!

Zack sporting an outfit Papa Rick created.

**************************************

Pictures from our day playing in the rain.


Drew


Jill

Zack

*********************************************



The deck project is nearing completion-THANK GOODNESS! I don't know who will be happier, me or Rick.


It's more complete than this picture, I just keep forgetting to take a picture during the day.



Drew "escorts" daddy out the door every morning on his way to work.


Another "Dance-a-thon" with daddy.

****************************************

I've added another photo montage of our 1st year with DJZ towards the bottom of the page. A big reason why I am so late posting my August post. Those things take forever. Hopefully, I'll make montage of our 2nd year with DJZ before they turn 3!

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Great pictures of your sweeties. I think it is time that we all get together! Hopefully in 2009!!

Jennifer said...

Your kiddos are absolutely precious!!! To answer your question about the tire swing, I think 2 1/2 is too young. They need to be able to balance and hold on pretty tight, as there is not strap for safety. Ours is in a big tree so it goes 5-6 feet in the air...it might make a difference if you weren't going to put it somewhere where it went so high. It was a 4th bday gift for us and I cannot remember where it came from online...but google recycled tire horse swing.
Good luck and nice to *meet* you!