DECEMBER
Christmas 2007

The kids still liked Santa this year. I had no idea how they might act, but he was just a man in a bright red suit to them. It probably helped that their parents were acting all goofy trying to get them to smile and look at the camera.
We went home to SC for almost 2 weeks for Christmas. The kids do really well being away, but are always excited when we get back home to all their stuff.
Thank goodness this is not my mantle. There are 22 stockings on this mantle! That's what happens with 2 parents, 5 kids, 5 in-laws, 8 grandkids (+ 1 in the oven) and one grandmother. My Mom has quite the chore every year just to do stockings. Lucky for her, all the girls help her fill them.
DJZ coming down the stairs Christmas morning.
So excited about what Santa brought!
Having their usual breakfast with Daddy. Eggs and pancakes. You can't show them the pancake till after the egg is all gone or you can forget about them finishing the eggs.
NOVEMBER
"Dhere you are!" Says this whenever, but mostly after he has covered and uncovered his own head.
"You OK?" Asks me this every time I cough.
"It's a ball" he has a rubber ball in his hand 75% of the time.
And there is one more that Rick and I can't think of.......
And there is one more that Rick and I can't think of.......
Zack is really the most ever tempered, but at the same time is causing trouble all day long by stealing toys and laying himself on top of his brother and sister.
Drew's phrases:
"Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow" he says this all the time for everything in his most whiny voice. Usually completely unrelated to anything hurting.
"No no no no no no no" said in the same whiny voice unrelated to anything that would require a "no" answer!
This boy is soooo funny and strange. He is so sweet and goofy. He walks with the weirdest stagger and has these strange animated conversations with himself.
His obsession with the vacuum cleaner is only getting worse. He may need therapy soon. He now wants it out of the closet during his waking hours and has figured out how to plug it in and turn it on. Annoying!!!! I need to get on video the FIT he throws when you put it back in the closet. Not to worry, he can open the closet door even though it has a knob cover on it. The vacuum is currently living in the garage.
"Moooooooomeeeeeee" she just likes to say my name.
"Hey Mama"
"Wiggles", "Einstein"
"All Done" she loves to announce that she is done with her milk cup and will repeat this phrase till you take it from her.
Jill is very vocal and ALL GIRL. She can and will scream at the drop of a hat. She is so sweet, but will turn on you the minute you say no. She will start flailing her arms and do a fake cry. She likes to pretend Zack is chasing her and run screaming. He is actually not chasing her, but once he realizes the game is on again, he is more than willing to play along. He teases her...that is for sure!
Before Thanksgiving my Mom came up and stayed with us a couple of days. She then took DJZ HOME WITH HER and left me in Tennessee.
ALONE..... In my house........ With no kids! I got so much done.....painting, cleaning, organizing. It was bliss! It made me so happy to get some things done uninterrupted. I decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving even arrived..... uninterrupted! Rick and I drove to SC the day before Thanksgiving and were reunited with our wonderful offspring. Ahh, that was a nice break! THANK YOU Mom, Meg and Amy for giving us that break. I think I needed it much more than Rick, but he enjoyed it too!
My friend Amanda came up in November with her son Jack. We all went to The Zoo and were quads for the day. Amanda and I were sooooo happy Rick came along because that train was HEAVY!




2 comments:
they are too cute!
i love Z's spiked hair!!!!
Such sweet peas. They are growing up SO fast. Wow, I can only imagine how great it was to have uninterrupted time to get things done. Would love that now so that I can do more unpacking/organizing. In time....My Mom comes to visit in March, so maybe then??
Post a Comment