Monday, April 13, 2009

Ok...so I'm 3 months behind

FIRST of all, John and Sue welcomed their first child into the world January 29th at 10:19 pm!

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Hope Olivia McLure
8 lbs 9 ounces
20.25" long

My brother John and Hope.
I was glad it was a girl simply because in the "cousin count" the boys were beating the girls, so now at least Jenny, Emily and Jill are catching up to Will, Jackson, Nate, Drew and Zack. So we are currently 4 girls, 5 boys. John and Sue's next child kind-of needs to be a boy so the McLure name can carry on....... no pressure or anything J&S. Why are you laughing about the phrase "your next child" John and Sue.........?

In other BIG news, Steve (Amy's husband, my BIL) turned 40 on March 27th. Amy threw him a casino style surprise party at Meg's house. He had no idea what she was up to and was really surprised when he walked into Meg's house blindfolded. He loved every minute of it and really appreciated everyone showing up. The casino theme was lots of fun too. I learned how to play Texas Hold em and was kickin booty at my table! The boys at my table might disagree, but I was!

Amy and Steve



Z celebrating St. Patrick's Day in a t-shirt from Aunt Tina.

Jill's St. Patty t-shirt

Drew thinks everyone needs to see his belly!

When we are outside, Drew notices EVERY plane that goes by.

The Z man

I turned our water table into a sandbox. Drew is in a classic Drew position. He plays while laying down on his side all the time.

Jill preferred to stay inside and dance while we were outside playing. When I checked on her about 10 minutes later, this is what I found.

Daddy taking a lunch break with the crew.

We finally blew up our Christmas gift from Poppa. The kids love it, especially Zack.

Drew prefers to chill with Mom, while Zack runs around like a mad man.

A desperate Mommy turned to duct taping Zack's boo boo. His head is currently scab free, just working on fading the scars .

See ....... Drew loves to show you his belly!
We all went to Isle of Plams in March to stay at a FREE beach house (compliments of me filling out a survey from our stay last summer).

Nate showing Zack how to play ball with him.

Wrestling cousins

Still wrestling....

The bug sporting pigtails.

Even a 7 yr old likes to play with boxes. I made Emily sport some pigtails too.


Little Miss Hope joined us too!

Drew turning his paper tube and cord into a ........ vacuum cleaner!

I'm a mom obsessed with giving my little girl pigtails now that I can.

The kids like to wait in our big picture window for their dad to come home.

Still waiting......

and waiting...

Thank goodness- here he is!

How's that for a welcome home?!

Abby looking for "the mouse" everyone talks about, either that or she is just stealing heat from my laptop.
Remember that deck project? It's still going!

The pergola and the footing for the retaining wall. Rick has done ALL of this by himself. I am a lucky girl. Handsome and the handiest guy I know.

Rick discovered that a chair is optional in the time out corner.

Zack's corner

Hair-do compliments of the plastic play set .


Jill admiring herself in the mirror.

When we stay at Aunt Meg's the kids sleep in Nate's room. Drew sleeps in Nate's toddler bed and Jill and Zack stay in pack n plays. Drew must of decided Zack did not have enough stuffed animals and added about 20 more.

Drew's new love...a front load washing machine.

Drew climbed out of his pack n play during nap time and found my paint markers! Luckily the ONLY thing he colored was himself!

Drew's first time with markers.

Zack's first time playing in the snow.

Jill checking the snow out.

Drew fell down about 5 times. Note to self- Crocs are not good for walking in snow.

DJZ's first time with finger paint.

Story time with dad.

Back in January all three kids were sick. How pathetic is this picture? Especially Jill.

We all gathered at my parents house for New Years. I don't think I saw the new year come in. I can't even remember now, it was almost 4 months ago!
I *promise* (to myself) that I will post April's update at the end of April....... really!

2 comments:

Taylor and Allison said...

Bout time you posted girl! It snot like you've been busy or anything.... ;)
Allison

Taylor and Allison said...

Yes, I am now aware of my spelling error in my previous post... so THATS why they have the preview button! :)