Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bad Blogger is Back-The Month of May

The only way I can remember what we did waaaay back in May is by looking at the pictures I took!

For Mother's Day, we went to Nana's house for a fun filled afternoon of horse and tractor riding.
Jill bringing treats to Ginger and Pepper.

Jill riding Pepper

Zack riding Pepper

Drew riding Pepper

Team effort riding Pepper

Drew on the tractor.
If you are ever on the phone with me while the kids are in the car and we pass a tractor you will hear a chorus of "TEERRRRAAAAAAAAAACTOR!" over and over again. I never realized how many tractors are along the roads till my kids started noticing ALL of them.
Our tractor ride with Jill and Mark at the helm.

The kids had corn on the cob for the first time at Nana's.
*******************

Rick and I attended a wedding while we were home for Mother's Day. We didn't get the memo that the attire was pretty casual-oh well!

Dad and two of his girls at the wedding.

We were trying to convince Nate to spend the night at Gran Marf's and were fixing his bed on the floor. My parent's dog, Gracie, decided it must be for her and laid down while Jenny joined her.

Drew after his first "real" haircut.
I came downstairs to find Rick had already cut Drew's hair and was working on Zack's. I told him he was lucky I was not a psycho Mommy because most moms are a little weird about that first haircut. He was not only doing it without me , but we had not even discussed it! His response was "But you are psycho!" Thanks honey! I think he meant that in the nicest way possible.....

Zack getting his hair cut
***********************
Rick met us at the Y one Friday after work and we went swimming.

Drew

The Bean and Daddy
**********
Rick hung three swings from the pergola. I guess it kind of ruins "the look" of the pergola, but the kids LOVE it. They are very demanding about being pushed (all at the same time) and in a certain way. I can't wait till they learn to swing themselves!
Zack
Jill

Drew on the horse swing made from an old tire
*****************
The cows near our house were really close to the fence one day, so we stopped to say "hi"

My neighbors saw this box turtle was crusin' the neighborhood one day. Jill was scared of it! Look at how big this thing is!
**************
We finally planted the hillside and it looks great. While Rick was planting the big plants I "trapped" the kids in their strollers to watch him. The strollers were great babysitters!
Rick's pose in the background cracks me up!

I found the coolest ice cream maker . You keep the gel canister in the freezer, so no ice or salt is needed. You just turn it on and in about 40 minutes you've got ice cream.
"Ice cream" was the only word Jill needed to hear!
Oooooooo

"The ice cream is in there Zack!"

Drew had to check out what all the excitement was about too

Mmmmmmm

Oh yea-that's what I'm talkin about!

Then we went up on the hill to play in the sprinkler

A classic Drew face

We've had some raccoons visiting us and eating birdseed off the deck. They have actually come up and scavenged before it was even dark out. Once they tore the screen on our porch we decided it was time to relocate them. We've only caught two so far and hopefully they like their new home near the lake!

No comments: